Laboratory of fuels, vegetable oils and feeds
The laboratory was established in 2005. The Head of the laboratory is Z. Antonova, Ph. D., Associate professor.
Laboratory of fuels, vegetable oils and feeds complies with the criteria of the National Accreditation System of the Republic of Belarus and is accredited for compliance with the requirements of STB ISO/IEC 17025 (Accreditation Reg. № BY/112 02.1.0.0463). The laboratory is included in the Unified Register of certification bodies and testing laboratories of the Customs Union. The scope of accreditation includes a list of tests for solid and liquid fuels, solid and liquid biofuels, building materials, petroleum products, motor oils, gear oils, vegetable oils, animal feed, compound feed, press cakes, protein meals, oilseeds under more than 100 technical regulations.
The certification body for fuels and chemical products has been created and accredited, which is included in the Unified Register of certification bodies and testing centers of the Customs Union. Registration number of accreditation certificate is BY/112 100.01.
Directions of the research activity:
- investigation of thermodynamic properties of organic compounds for the thermodynamic grounding of energy and resource-saving technologies of organic and petrochemical synthesis;
- development of technologies of deriving new types of solid and liquid fuels, including biofuels from renewable raw materials;
- development of measurement techniques for quality control of fuels, oils, feeds;
- testing physical, chemical, and operating properties of fuel and chemical products.
- dependencies of physicochemical properties (oxidation stability, combustion energy, iodine number, density, viscosity, etc.) of vegetable oils, individual esters of fatty acids and their model compounds, as well as commercial samples of the methyl esters of fatty acids obtained with various technologies, on the fatty acid composition have been established and empirical equations have been proposed;
- energy and exergy analysis of fatty acids methyl and ethyl esters production, including all stages from seeding to producing a marketable product has been conducted for assessment of the effectiveness of biodiesel production;
- dependence of solid biofuels combustion heat on the nature of raw materials, moisture, ash and elemental composition has been investigated, and physicochemical characteristics of fuel pellets depending on production conditions and properties of the raw material have been determined.
- technology of the processing of methanol formed at the production of polybutylene terephthalate at Co. Ltd «Mogilevkhimvolokno»;
- the first in Belarus means for measuring the calorific value of solid and liquid fuels «Bomb Calorimeter isoperibolic BIC- 100»;
- formulation and production technology of mineralorganic complex micronutrients for foliar feeding of rapeseed;
- complex vitamin and mineral supplements in the feed «Feed additive (substance)
with an optimal set of micro- and macro-elements» and «Complex vitamin and mineral supplement «Feed phospholipid complex», «Feed additive «Phospholipids»;
- technology of liquid mixed fuel oils «Residual fuel modified», «Fuel mixture modified» production.
Main publications of the last years:
- Maksimuk Y.V., Antonava Z.A., Krouk V.S., Korsakova A.S., Kursevich V.N. Prediction of higher heating value based on elemental composition for lignin and other fuels// Fuel. 2020. V. 263. Art. 116727. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2019.116727
- Maksimuk Y.V., Antonava Z.A., Krouk V.S., Korsakova A.S., Kursevich V.N. Prediction of higher heating value based on elemental composition for lignin and other fuels // Fuel. 2020. Vol. 263. Art. 116733 (IF 5,2).
- Maksimuk Y.V., Antonava Z.A., Krouk V.S., Korsakova A.S., Kursevich V.N. Prediction of higher heating value based on elemental composition for lignin and other fuels// Fuel, https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2019.116727. (IF 5,2).
- Maksimuk Y., Ponomarev D., Sushkova A., Krouk V., Vasarenko I., Antonava Z. Standard molar enthalpy of formation of vanillin// J Therm. Anal. Calorim. 2018. V. 131, N 2. P. 1721–1733. (IF 2,209)
- Maksimuk Y., Antonava Z., Ponomarev D., Sushkova A. Standard molar enthalpies of formation for crystalline vanillic acid, methyl vanillate and acetovanillone by bomb calorimetry method // J Therm. Anal. Calorim. 2018. V. 134, N3. P. 2127–2136 (IF 2,209).
- Antonova Z.A., Maksimuk Yu.V. , Kruk V.S. , Kursevich V.N. , Fes’ko V.V. Physicochemical Properties of Water—Residual-Fuel-Oil Emulsions // Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils. 2016, Vol. 51, № 6, P.719–727 DOI: 10.1007/s10553-016-0663-8(IF 0.273)http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10553-016-0663-8
- Antonova Z.A., Krouk V.S., Pilyuk Y.E., Maksimuk Y.V., Karpushenkava L.S., Krivova M.G. Exergy analysis of canola-based biodiesel production in Belarus // Fuel Processing Technology. 2015. № 138. Р. 397 – 403. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378382015002052
- AntonovaZ. A., MaksimukYu. V., KrukV. S. Physicochemical Properties of Water—Residual-Fuel-Oil Emulsions// Chemistry and Technology of Fuels and Oils. Vol.51.№ 6. P.719-727. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10553-016-0663-8