Laboratory of polysaccharides chemistry
The laboratory was established in 1998. The Head of the laboratory is T. Yurkshtovich, Ph. D., Assoc. Prof., Honored Worker of BSU, laureate of A.N. Sevchenko Prize - 2001.
Directions of the research activity:
• chemical and structural modification of polysaccharides of microbial, plant and animal origin, investigation of process regularities of esterification, alkylation and oxidation of polysaccharides, investigation of physicochemical and medico-biologic properties of modified polysaccharides for the creation of medical supplies;
• investigation of sorption interactions between chemically and structurally modified polysaccharides with biomacromolecules and low molecular weight physiologically active substances for the creation of systems for targeted delivery of chemotherapy;
• development of innovative medicines of targeted and prolonged action on the basis of modified polysaccharides, development and implementation of technological processes of their production, development of modern ways of validating methods of qualitative and quantitative analysis of drugs.
• new methods for synthesis of modified polysaccharides with different types of substituents and functional groups, which have own intrinsic biological activity and are suitable for use as a polymer carrier, providing a prolongation of therapeutic effects and targeted delivery of the drug to the target organ have been developed;
• new methods of preparing gelling phosphate polysaccharides with a wide range of mono- and disubstituted phosphate groups, porous structure, high absorbent capacity as well as the presence of anti-proliferative activity against HeLa tumor cells, have been developed;
• a resource-saving and environmentally friendly method for preparing cationic starch for inside sizing of paper and board to accelerate the dehydrating of the pulp and increase the strength properties of the paper sheet have been developed;
• mechanisms of sorption interactions between oxidized polysaccharides with aliphatic amines, aminoacids, enzymes, antibiotics and cytostatics have been established; scientific-based approaches to drug adsorption on oxidized cellulose to produce bioabsorbable combined drugs with prolonged action have been developed;
• several methods of immobilization of antitumor drugs on the gelling polysaccharides phosphates have been developed, the impact of adsorptive interactions mechanism on the rate of the cytostatic agent release in the biological environment, the duration of the anti-proliferative effect have been determined; medical forms of temozolomide and prospidinum for use as means for local chemiotherapy of the brain and stomach tumours have been determined.
• technologies of production of drugs in the form of bioabsorbable wipes: «Polikapran» (hemostatics), «Film with lincomycin» (antimicrobial and hemostat), «Ferantsel» (antimicrobial and proteolytic), «Oksitselanim» (hemostatic, antimicrobial and immunostimulant) (silver medal on VI the Moscow International fair of innovation and investments in 2006 year), «Protselan» (antimicrobial, analgetic and restorative drug) (gold medal on the International Exhibition-congress «Hi-Tech. Investments. Innovations», St. Petersburg-2008); hydrophilic ointments «Linkotsel» and «Protselan» (antimicrobial, analgetic and restorative effect), «Film with lincomycin» and «Protselan» have been developed and implemented at Co. Ltd «Borisovskiy zavod medicinckich preparatov»;
• a method for producing the original home antianginal drug «Nitargal» belonging to the class of organic nitrates has been developed (gold medal at the VIII Moscow International fair of innovation and investments in 2008 year; gold medal on the Technical Fair, St. Petersburg-2010), technology of producing substance was mastered in UE «Unitechprom BSU», the finished dosage form «Nitargal tablets 20 and 40 mg» is produced now at the RUE «Belmedpreparaty»;
• the drug «Tsisplatsel» (bioresolving napkins based on modified cellulose with immobilized cis-diaminodichlorplatinum(II) having a hemostatic and prolonged antitumor effect and intended for local chemotherapy of malignant brain tumors, tumors of the head and neck has been developed and mastered in the production of UE «Unitechprom BSU» (gold medal on the International Exhibition-congress «Hi-Tech. Investments. Innovations», St. Petersburg-2007; gold medal of the IX Moscow international interior innovation and investments in 2009 year; Grand Prix of the Technical Fair, St. Petersburg-2013);
• the ophthalmic drug «Lakemoks» with prolonged and protective antioxidant activity, designed for retreading corneal epithelium (Diploma of the Technical Fair, St. Petersburg - 2010) has been developed, it has been mastered at RUE «Belmedpreparaty»;
• the anticancer drug «Temodeks» representing temozolomide immobilized on a gelling dextran phosphate has been developed, it is intended for intra-operative administration in the place of a malignant tumor removed for relief of residual tumor cells and prevention of metastasis (gold medal on the Technical Fair, St. Petersburg - 2012);
• the high-efficient non-waste technology of producing cationic starch with a dry method has been developed (gold medal on the Technical Fair, St. Petersburg - 2013) and it has been mastered at Co. Ltd «Novaia Drut».
Main publications of the last years:
- Solomevich S.O., Dmitruk E.I., Bychkovsky P.M., Nebytov A.E., Yurkshtovich T.L., Golub N.V. Fabrication of oxidized bacterial cellulose by nitrogen dioxide in chloroform/cyclohexane as a highly loaded drug carrier for sustained release of cisplatin // Carbohydrate Polymers. 2020. Vol. 248
- Solomevich S.O., Bychkovsky P.M., Yurkshtovich T.L., Golub N.V., Mirchuk P.Y., Revtovich M.Y., Shmak A.I Biodegradable pH-sensitive prospidine-loaded dextran phosphate based hydrogels for local tumor therapy // Carbohydrate Polymers. 2019. Vol. 226. № 115308.
- Yurkshtovich T.L., Golub N.V., Solomevich S.O., Kosterova R.I., Yurkshtovich N.K., Alinovskaya V.A., Bychkovsky P.M. Acid-basic properties and biological activity of starch phosphate in the form of microgels // Colloid Journal. 2019. Vol. 81. №. 3. P. 329–336.
- Yurkshtovich T.L. Golub N.V., Solomevich S.O., Yurkshtovich N.K., Bychkovsky P.M., Kosterova R.I., Alinovskaya V.A. Effect of the composition of an esterification mixture on the acid properties of gel-forming phosphorylated polysaccharides // Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A. 2019. Vol. 93. №. 9. P. 1817–1824.
- Bychkovsky P.M., Yurkshtovich T.L., Golub N.V., Solomevich S.O., Yurkshtovich N.K., Adamchik D.A. Biological films based on oxidized bacterial cellulose: obtaining, structure, properties // Polymer Science, Series B. 2019. Vol. 61. № 4. P. 433–441.
- Baranov E.V., Buravsky A.V., Kvacheva Z.B., Yurkshtovich N.K. Potential of using cultivated dermal fibroblasts on the biodegradable polymeric matrices for treating skin damages in the experiment // Experimental Surgery. 2017. Vol.25. №3. P. 223-232.
- Yurkshtovich T.L., Golub N.V., Yurkshtovich N.K. Bychkovsky P.M., Kosterova R.I., Alinovskaya V.A. The microgels of starch phosphates for the controlled release of biomacromolecules // Appl. Biochem. Microbiology. 2017. Vol. 53. № 8. Р.78-86.
- Butrim S.M., Bil’dyukevich T.D., Butrim N.S., Yurkshtovich T.L. Preparation and flocculating properties of highly substituted cationic starches of different vegetable origins // Colloid Journal. 2016. Vol. 78, №3. P.310-314.http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1061933X16030029
- Yurkshtovich T.L., Solomevich S.O., Golub N.V., Bychkovskii P.M., Kladiev, A.A. Sorption of the antitumor drug prospidinum on microgels of polysaccharide phosphates // Colloid Journal. 2014. Vol. 76, №.5 P.628-636 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1061933X14050172