Laboratory of cellulose solutions and products of their treatment
The laboratory was established in 1988, The Head of the laboratory is D. Grynshpan, D.Sc., Professor, Honored Worker of BSU.
Directions of the research activity:
• establishment of scientific bases of processes of reception and processing of cellulose solutions and other polymers in fibers, films, membranes, composites;
• development of new approaches for the production of the quickly disintegrated solid and soft dosage form on the basis of activated carbon and water soluble polymers;
• development of new methods for polluted waters treatment: removal of the surface active substances and oil spill response, production composite biofuel on the basis of hydrolytic lignin and oil and oil containing waste.
• mechanisms for the direct dissolution of cellulose in mono- and bicomponent system of different chemical nature have been established;
• new criteria for the evaluation of dissolving capacity of aqueous and non-aqueous systems according to natural polymer have been proposed;
• common concept for the solvation mechanism of cellulose dissolution in the solvents of different chemical nature has been formulated;
• new methods for the cellulose dissolution and stabilization of the solution of two incompatible polymers have been developed;
• new method for cellulose esters synthesis in the solution has been worked out, this method allows to synthesize low substituted cellulose derivatives with the uniform distribution of the substituents and complete solubility in aqueous and aqueous-organic media;
• homogeneous synthesis of the mixed esters of cellulose, chitosan and chitin with liquid crystalline structures in the super concentrated solutions has been developed.
• environmentally safe, closed, non-carbon-disulfide technology for producing hydrate cellulose and structurally mixed with chitosan self-extinguishing fibers and filaments, (gold medal on the International Exhibition-congress «Hi-Tech. Investments. Innovations», St. Petersburg-2012);
• technology for production of fibers, films, membranes and membrane-filtration of tissue from kinetically stable cellulose mixtures with other high-molecular compounds;
• medications on the basis of activated carbon and a water-soluble cellulose derivative («Grand Prix» at the international exhibition in Moscow, 2006 y.):
- pills «Ultrasorb» for complex treatment of acute urticaria, atopic dermatitis, angioedema and others,
- hydrophilic ointment «Prednisolone Gel 0.5%» designed for complex treatment of inflammatory and allergic skin diseases;
• water-soluble derivatives of cellulose, chitin and chitosan for production fast-disintegrating drugs of a new generation;
• the purification technology of surface, ground and waste water using solid composite reagents:
- mobile autonomous water treatment facility (gold medal on the International Exhibition-congress «Hi-Tech. Investments. Innovations», St. Petersburg-2007);
- regenerable filter-elements and compact filter devices on their basis;
- portable cleaning kits for over contaminated surface and underground water;
- fast-dispersible carbon sorbent and carbon coagulant for wastewater treatment;
• sorbent «Lignosorb» for removal of oil and oil spill response and composite fuel based on it.
The main publications of the last years
- Chen C., Wang Z., Zhao M., .Hrynshpan D., Savitskaya T. A fungus–bacterium co-culture synergistically promoted nitrogen removal by enhancing enzyme activity and electron transfer // Science of the Total Environment. 2021. Vol. 754. 142109 (IF 6.551).
- Wang Z., Chen C., Liu H., Hrynshpan D., Savitskaya T., Chen J., Chen J. Enhanced denitrification performance of Alcaligenes sp. TB by Pd stimulating to produce membrane adaptation mechanism coupled with nanoscale zero-valent iron // Science of the Total Environment 2020. Vol. 708. 135063 (IF 6.551).
- Wang, Z., Chen, C., Liu, H., Hrynshpan, D., Savitskaya, T., Chen, J., Chen, J. Effects of carbon nanotube on denitrification performance of Alcaligenes sp. TB: Promotion of electron generation, transportation and consumption / // Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2019. Vol.183. P. 109507 (8 p). doi:10.1016/j.ecoenv.2019.109507.
- Wang G., Chen C., Liu H., Hrynshpan D., Savitskaya T., Chen J., Chen J. Enhanced denitrification performance of Alcaligenes sp. TB by Pd stimulating to produce membrane adaptation mechanism coupled with nanoscale zero-valent iron // Science of the Total Environment doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.135063, Available on line 20 November 2019, 135063
- Qi H., Wang X., Yu Z., Huo P., Savitskaya T., Hrynshpan D. Preparation of polyglutamic acid/pea starch composite film. Process optimization and performance // J. Zhejiang Agricultural Sci. 2017. Vol. 58 (11). P. 2022-2025
- Yu Z., Rao G., Yan X., Huo P., Wang Ch., Savitskaya T., Hrynshpan. D. Preparation and Properties of Pea Starch /ε－Poly Lysine Composite Films // Science and Technology of Food Industry J. 2018. Vol. 39, No 13. P. 89–94
- Savitskaya T., Kimlenka I., Hrynshpan D., Xu X., Huo P. “Green” Chemistry Education: an Essential Part of Sustainable Development // J. Zhejiang Shuren University. 2015. Vol. 15, No. 4. P. 11 – 15.
- Hrynshpan D., Savitskaya T., Knowledge management of water treatment in nuclear area: the Belarusian State University case study // CHERNE 2018 - 14th Workshop on European Collaboration in Higher Education on Radiological and Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Protection, Macugnaga, Italy, 29 May – 1 June 2018: Abstract Book and Programme. – Milano: Universita degli Studi di Milano, 2018. – P. 55-56
- Grinshpan D., Savitskaya T., Tsygankova N., Makarevich S., Kimlenka T., Ivashkevich O. Good real world-example of wood-based sustainable chemistry// Sustainable Chemistry and Pharmacy. 2017. Vol. 5. P. 1-13. (IF 1.50)
- Shakhno E.A., Savitskaya T.A., Pokrovskaya T.G., Yakushev V.I., Grinshpan D.D. New dosage form of L-arginine based on its complex with cellulose acetate sulfate and activated carbon // Research Result: pharmacology and clinical pharmacology.2017. Vol. 3,N 2. P.101–111.
- Huo P., Savitskaya T., Reznikov I., HrynshpanD., Tsygankova N., Telysheva, G. Arshanitsa A. Hydrolysis Lignin as a Sorbent and Basis for Solid Composite Biofuel // Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology. 2016. Vol. 7. P. 501-530. DOI: 10.4236/abb.2016.711046(IF 0,87)http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ABB_2016113010023004.pdf
- Shakhno E.A., Savitskaya T.A., Pokrovskaya T.G., Yakushev V.I., Pokrovskii M.V., Grinshpan D.D. Use of L-arginine immobilised on activated carbon for pharmacological correction of enthelial disfunction // Research result: pharmacology and clinical pharmacology. 2016. Vol. 2, №1 (2). P. 30-35. http://rr.bsu.edu.ru/en/farmacology/annotation/33/
- Savitskaya T., Reznikov I., Grinshpan D. Rheological Behavior of Lignin Based Dispersions Intended for Composite Fuel Production // Appl. Rheol. 2016. Vol. 26 (6). P.63476 (7 pages). DOI: 10.3933/ApplRheol-26-63476(IF 0.38) http://www.complexfluids.ethz.ch/AR/GOOGLE/DOI:10.3933/ApplRheol-26-63476-extract.pdf
- Huo P., Savitskaya T.A., Gotina L.A., Grinshpan D.D., Reznikov I.V. Rheological Properties of Casting Solutions for Starch Edible Films Production // Open Journal of Fluid Dynamics. 2015.Vol.5.P.58-67 (IF 0.65).www.bsu.by/sm.aspx?guid=353553