Laboratory of chemistry of free radical processes
The laboratory was established in 1999. The Head of the laboratory is O. Shadyro, D.Sc., Professor, Honored Worker of BSU, Layreate of A.N. Sevchenko Prize-2010.
Directions of the research activity:
- investigation of free-radical reactions of biologically relevant substances and the respective model compounds;
- development of new methods enabling a targeted search for pharmacologically active compounds among free-radical reaction inhibitors;
- development of new vegetable oil stabilization methods and development of biologycally active supplements based on them.
- new free-radical fragmentation reactions occurring in carbohydrates, lipids, nucleosides, peptides, hydroxyl-containing amino acids and related compounds under the impact of various stress factors have been revealed;
- activity of nature compounds (flavonoids, phenylpropanoids, vitamins, coenzymes and other) and their synthetic analogs in the reactions with different organic radicals have been investigated and the basis of target search of the universal inhibitors preventing free-radical damages of biologically important substances have been worked out;
- about 200 derivatives of spatially hindered diphenols and aminophenols have been synthesized and tested for pharmacological activity, this resulted in the discovery of a new class of antiviral agents, as well as substances possessing neurotropic and anticancer properties;
- effective stabilizers for linseed oil have been found and biologically active additives have been developed on their basis.
- antiherpetic drug «Butaminofen ointment» (gold medal at the V Moscow International fair of innovations and investments in 2005), its production has been mastered at RUE «Belmedpreparaty»;
- antiherpetic drug «Aktovir» based on the combination of two substances with different action mechanisms, its production has been mastered at RUE «Belmedpreparaty»;
- technology for production of foody, stabilized linseed oil based on the using of the vegetable raw composition (gold medal at the International Exhibition-congress «High Tech. Innovations. Investitions», St. Petersburg -2008) has been mastered at Co.Ltd «Club Farm-Eko»;
- production technologies of oxidation-resistant biologically active additives to food on the base of the linseed oil («Coenzyme Q10 - linseed oil plus», «Selenium - Vitamin E-linseed oil plus», «Beta-carotene - linseed oil plus», «Thistle oil - linseed oil plus») have been used at Co. Ltd «Club «Farm-Есо».
- technology for isolation of concentrate of E and F vitamins from the rapeseed oil (bronze medal innovations and investments in 2008; medal of Academician I.N. Blokhin International Fund of Biotechnologies, 2008);
Main publications of the last years:
- Vcherashniaya A.V., Martinovich I.V., Martinovich G.G., Shadyro O.I., Cherenkevich S.N. A Raman Spectroscopic Study of Thymoquinone Antitumor Action // Journal Appl. Spectroscopy. 2020. 87(3). P. 515-519.
- Bazyl’ O.K., Artyukhov V.Y., Mayer G.V., Shadyro O.I., Samovich S.N. Spectral-Luminescent Properties of Charged Forms of Some Substituted Benzaldehydes // Optics and Spectroscopy. 2020. 128(4). P. 473-480.
- Shadyro, O. Sosnovskaya A., Edimecheva I. Effect of biologically active substances on oxidative stability of flaxseed oil // J. Food Sci. Technology. 2020. 57(1). P. 243-252.
- Loginova N.V., Koval'chuk-Rabchinckaya T.V., Ksendzova G.A., Osipovich N.P., Faletrcn Y.V., Nabebina K.A., Gvozdev M.Y., Polozov G.I. Redox-Active Metal Complexes witl Hydrazone and Thiosemicarbazone Derivatives of 4,6-di-Tert-Butyl-2,3-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde: Novel Antimicrobials for Medicinal Uses // Chapter 3 in:Hydrazones: Uses and Reactions. 2020. Nova Science Publisher's. New York. P. 57-114.
- Nabebina K.A., Loginova N.V., Kovalchuk-Rabchinskaya T.V., Ksendzova G.A., Osipovich N.P. Antimicrobial activity and redox property of Ni(II) complexes with orto- and meta-diphenol derivatives// RAPconference proceedings. 2020. Vol.5. P. 64–67. ISSN2737-9973(ONLINE)| DOconferenceI:10.37392
- Milach O.A., Mel’sitova I.V., Yurkova I. L. Pro(anti)oxidant Properties of Amino Acids and Their Derivatives in The Presence of Fe2+ and Cu2+ Ions // Russ. J. Gen. Chem. 2020. Vol. 90. № 6. P. 987-993.
- Shadyro O., Samovich S., I. Edimecheva I. Free-radical and biochemical reactions involving polar part of glycerophospholipids // Free Rad. Biol. Med. 2019. Vol. 144. P. 6–15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2019.02.033 (IF 5.736).
- Baraev U., Lange M., Méndez L., Arnhold J., Shadyro O.I., Fedorova M., Flemmig J. Cytochrome c auto-cataluzed carbonylation in the presence oаhydrogen peroxide and cardiolipins // J. Biol. Chem. 2019. doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA118.004110jbc.RA118.00411 (IF 4.106).
- Krylova N.G. Drobysh M.S., Semenkova G.N., Kulahava T.A., Pinchuk S.V., Shadyro O.I. Cytotoxic and antiproliferative effects of thymoquinone on rat C6 glioma cells depend on oxidative stress// Molecular and cellular biochemistry. 2019. Vol. 462. № 1-2. Р. 195-206 (IF 2.561).
- Shadyro O., Lisovskaya A. ROS-induced lipid transformations without oxygen participation // Chem. Phys. Lipids. 2019. Vol. 222. P. DOI:10.1016/j.chemphyslip.2019.03.013 (IF 2.536).
- Samovich S.N., Sladkova A.A., Sverdlov R.L., Edimecheva I.P., Shadyro O.I. Effects of quinones and nitroazoles on free-radical fragmentation of glycerol-1-phosphate and 1,2-dimyristoyl-glycero-3-phosphatidyl-glycerol // Chem. Phys. Lipids. 2019. Vol. 222. P. 8–14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemphyslip.2019.04.008 (IF 2.536).
- Amaegberi N.V., Semenkova G.N.,Kvacheva Z.B., Lisovskaya A.G., Pinchuk S.V., Shadyro O.I. // Cell. Biochem. Funct. 2019. Vol. 37. P. 281-289. (IF 2.42).
- Shadyro O., Sosnovskaya A., Edimecheva I. Effect of biologically active substances on oxidative stability of flaxseed oil // J. Food Sci. Technol. 2019. DOI : 10.1007/s13197-019-04054-4 (IF 1,85).
- Artyukhov V.Ya., Mayer G.V., Pershukevich P.P., Bel’kov M.V., Shadyro O.I., Samovich S.N.Spectral-luminescent properties of some benzaldehyde derivatives // Optics and Spectroscopy. 2019. Vol. 127. № 2. P. 242–250 (IF 0.801).
- Lankin V.Z., Shadyro O.I., Shumaev K.B., Tikhaze A.K., SladkovaA.A. Non-Enzymatic Methylglyoxal Formation From glucose Metabolites and Generation of Superoxide Anion Radical During Methylglyoxal Dependent Cross-Links Reaction // J. Antioxidant Activity. 2019. № 4. Vol. 1. P. 33-45. DOI: 10.14302/issn.2471-2140.jaa-19-2997.
- Ksendzova G.A., Samovich S.N., Sorokin V.L., Shadyro O.I. Effects of hydroxylated benzaldehyde derivatives on radiation-induced reactions involving various organic radicals // Rad. Phys. Chem. 2018. Vol. 146. P. 115-120. ( IF 1.43).
- Samovich S.N., Sverdlov R.L., Voitekhovich S.V., Grigoriev Y.V., Ivashkevich O.A., Shadyro O.I. Effects of quinones and azoles on radiation-induced processes involving hydroxyl-containing carbon-centered radicals / // Rad. Phys. Chem. 2018. Vol. 144. P. 308-316. (IF 1.43).
- Samovich S.N., Sladkova A.A., Edimecheva I.P., Shadyro O.I. Redox-active quinones as regulators of free radical reactions of organic compounds // S.N. Samovich, // The Scientific Method. 2018. Vol. 1. № 17. P. 21–25.
- Loginova N.V., Harbatsevich H.I., Koval’chuk T.V., Osipovich N.P., Halauko Y.S., FaletrovY.V., Ksendzova G.A., StakhevichS.I., Azarko I.I. Antimicrobial and SOD-like activities of novel Zinc(II) complexes with redox-active sterically hindered diphenols // Current Bioactive Compounds. 2018. Vol. 14, № 4. P. 397-411.( IF 0.32).
- Loginova N.V., Harbatsevich H.I., Koval’chuk T.V., Osipovich N.P., Halauko Y.S., Faletrov Y.V., Gres A.T. Redox-active metal complexes with cycloaminomethyl derivatives of diphenols: antibacterial and SOD-like activity, reduction of cytochromec// Antibacterials: Synthesis, Properties and Biological Activities. – Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publisher’s. 2017. P.143–180.
- Harbatsevich H.I., Loginova N.V., Nabebina K.A., Stakhevich S.I., Slabko I.N., Osipovich N.P., Ksendzova G.A., Azarko I.I. Nickel(II) complexes with ‘non innocent’ ligands – cycloaminomethyl derivatives of 1,2-dihydroxybenzene: sod-like and antimicrobial activity// RAD J. 2017. Vol. 2. № 2. P. 129–133. (IF 1.1)
- Kuznetsova T., Kulahava T., Zholnerevich., I., Amaegberi N., Semenkova G., Shadyro O., Arnhold J. Morphometric characteristics and migration activity of neutrophils stimulated by adhesion and hypochlorite// Mol. Immunology. 2017. Vol.87. P.317–324. (IF 3.236).
- Samovich S.N., Sverdlov R.L., Voitekhovich S.V., Grigoriev Y.V., Ivashkevich O.A., Shadyro O.I. Effects of quinones and azoles on radiation-induced processes involving hydroxyl-containing carbon-centered radicals// Rad. Phys. Chem. 2017. doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2017.09.004. (IF 1.43).
- Shadyro O.I., Sosnovskaya A.A., EdimechevaI.P. Flaxseed oil stabilization using natural and synthetic antioxidants// Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 2017. Vol.119. 1700079 (1 of 11). DOI: ejlt.201700079. (IF 2.145).
- Harbatsevich H.I., Loginova N.V., Koval′chuk T.V., Osipovich N.P., Gres A.T. Silver Nanoparticles Synthesized by Decomposition of a Silver Organic Complex with Valence Tautomerism and Their Properties// J. Appl. Spectr. 2017. Vol.84 (5). P.13–18. (IF 0.572).
- Kosobutskii V.S., Edimecheva I.P. Formation of isomers in the radiolysis of aqueous solutions of alcohols//High Energy Chemistry- 2017. Vol. 51, №4. Р.317–3 (IF 0,498).
- Lisovskaya A.G., Procenko K.O., Shadyro O.I. Photochemical transformations of sphingosine and serinol in aqueous and ethanol solutions// High Energy Chemistry. 2017. Vol. 51. № 5. P. 321-326. (IF 0.498).
- Shadyro O.I., Sorokin V.L., Ksendzova G.A., Savinova O.V., Samovich S.N. , Pavlova N.I., Polozov G.I., . Boreko E.I. Synthesis and Antiviral Activity of Hydroxy-Substituted Benzaldehydes and Related Compounds // Pharmaceutical Chemistry J. 2016. Vol. 50. № 3. P.156–158. DOI: 10.1007/s11094-016-1414-1(IF 0,461) http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11094-016-1414-1