The laboratory was established in 1996. The Head of the laboratory is V. Bogdanova, D. Sc., Professor, Honored Worker of BSU.
Directions of the research activity:
• synthesis and investigation of the physicochemical properties of the metalsilico phosphate compounds to create materials for multifunctional use (means of fire protection and firefighting);
• creation of effective flame retardants for materials of different chemical nature;
• investigation of the mechanism of extinguishing fire-resistant action, nitrogen-phosphorus- containing compounds in natural and synthetic polymers of different classes;
• development of new technologies of extinguish of smoldering materials using fire extinguishing compositions;
• identity of the processes providing the dominant contribution to the inhibition of synthetic and natural burning of combustible materials has beenestablished, the general principles of reducing the flammability of different materials have been formulated and experimentally proved;
• reasons for the extinction of combustible materials of synthetic and natural polymers and peat have been established;
• ways to improve known retardants and to synthesize new flame retardants have been proposed and experimentally proved;
• retardants and extinguishing agents for wood and peat have beensynthesized;
• nitrogen-, phosphorus- containing flame retardants for polyolefins and filled rigid polyurethane foam have been synthesized.
• halogen-free polymer compositions and compositions with a reduced amount of antimony oxide for the manufacture of parts of electronic equipment, building materials and insulation of cable products;
• fireproof coating for cable insulation «Penoterm-K»;
• weatherproof chemical composition for the prevention and suppression of forest fires «Metaphosil» (bronze medal on the IV Moscow international interior innovation and investments in 2004 year) , manufacturing of the composition has been implemented at Co.Ltd «Gomel chemical plant»;
• composition to extinguish peat fires «Tofasil» (bronze medal on the IV Moscow international interior innovation and investments in 2004 year);
• dismantling technology of stator windings of electric motors with a hydrolytic method (silver medal on the XIII International Exhibition-congress «Hi-Tech. Investments, Innovations», St. Petersburg-2008);
• flame resistant polyester nonwoven fabric and its production technology (gold medal on the XV International Exhibition-congress «Hi-Tech. Investments, Innovations», St. Petersburg-2010);
• impermeable heat insulating composite material based on polyurethane for multiple purposes (gold medal on the Technical Fair, St. Petersburg - 2013).
Main last publications:
1. Bogdanova V.V., Kobets O.I. , Kirlitsa V.P. The mechanism of action and the synergistic effect of nitrogenand phosphorus-containing fire retardants in fire protection and wood and peat fire suppression // Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry B. March 2016, Vol. 10, № 2, P 306–312http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1990793116020160
1. Bogdanova V., Kobets O., Kirlitsa V. Study of the fire retarding mechanism of nitrogen and phosphorus containing inhibitors in natural combustible materials // Zel'dovich Memorial: Accomplishments in the combustion science in the last decade // [Edited by A.A. Borisov and S.M. Frolov]. – Moscow: TORUS PRESS, 2015. Vol. 2. P.82–88.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280934102
1. Bogdanova V.V., Kobets O.I. Synthesis and Physicochemical Properties of Di- and Trivalent Metal–Ammonium Phosphates. // Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry. – 2014. – Vol. 87, No. 10. – Pp. 1387−1401. – DOI: 10.1134/S1070427214100012/http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1070427214100012
2. Bogdanova V., Kobets O., Kirlitsa V. Study of the fire retarding action mechanism of the nitrogen-phosphorus flame retardants in natural combustible materials / ZEL’DOVICH MEMORIAL. Accomplishments in the Combustion Science in the Last Decade. – Moscow: TORUS PRESS, 2014. – Vol.2. – P.25-37.https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Olga_Kobets2/publication/280934102_STUDY_OF_THE_FIRE_RETARDING_MECHANISM_OF_NITROGEN_AND_PHOSPHORUS_CONTAINING_INHIBITORS_IN_NATURAL_COMBUSTIBLE_MATERIALS/links/55cc8d3908aeb975674c8f54.pdf?origin=publication_detail
3. Smyaglikov I.P, Bogdanova V.V., Buraya O.N.. Application of laminar Plasma Jet to test fireproof Materials / VI International Conference “Plasma Physics and Plasma Technology”. Contributed papers. Minsk, Belarus, September 28-October 2, 2009. –Vol.II, - P. 712-715.http://www.iaea.org/inis/collection/NCLCollectionStore/_Public/46/131/46131526.pdf?r=1