Chief researcherof the laboratory of structural and chemical modification of polymers, Research Institutеfor Physical Chemical Problems of the Веlаrusiаn State Univеrsitу.
Doctor of Sciences (Chemistry), Professor.
Honored Worker of the BSU.
h-index (Scopus) – 7,
h-index (Web of Science) – 7,
h-index (РИНЦ) – 6,
h-index (Google science) all time – 9,
Graduated with honours from the Chemical Faculty of the Belarusian State University in 1971. In 1975 he defended his Ph.D. thesis in the specialty "Chemistry of high-molecular compounds" at the BSU. The doctoral dissertation was defended in 1990 in Moscow at the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR in two specialties "Physical Chemistry" and "Radiation Chemistry". In 1998 he was awarded the title of professor.
- 1971 – 1978 – junior, senior researcher at the Chair of High Molecular Compounds of the Веlаrusiаn State Univеrsitу;
- 1978 – present – senior, leading researcher, head of the Laboratory of Structural and Chemical Modification of Polymers at the Research Institute of Physical and Chemical Problems of the Belarusian State University, chief researcher of this laboratory.
- Since 1995, lecturer,Professorat the Chair of Radiation Chemistry and Chemical Technology of the Chemical Faculty of the BSU.
- Since 2002 – head of the Chair of High Molecular Compounds of the Chemical Faculty of the BSU.
Current research activity, main achievements:
Scientific works are dealt with the study of the structure and properties of grafted and cross-linked polymeric materials, stabilized polymers, thermoplastic-based hot-melt glue powders, water-soluble polymers, super-swelling polyelectrolyte hydrogels, metal-polymer complexes, biodegradable polymeric materials. The results obtained have found practical application in the production of electrical insulating materials at the enterprises of the former Soviet Union, as well as a number of new types of polymer products are manufactured by various enterprises of the Republic of Belarus in the interests of the Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Health, Belgospischeprom and Bellesprom, Concerns.
Professor L.P. Krul was scientific supervisor of 8 candidate dissertations successfully defended.
Professor L.P. Krulwas awarded with the badge of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus "Excellent worker of education", he has the title "Honored Worker of the Belarusian State University".
L.P. Krul is the author over 450 scientific works, including a monograph, two textbooks, more than 300 articles, received over 50 inventor's certificates and patents.
List of the selected publications
- Krul L.P., Volozhyn A.I., Belov D.A., Poloiko N.A., Artushkevich A.S., Zhdanok S.A., Solntsev A.P., Krauklis A.V., Zhukova I.A. Nanocomposites based on poly-d,l-lactide and multiwall carbon nanotubes // Biomolecular Engineering.2007. Vol. 24, №1.P.93–95.
- Krul .LP., Matusevich V.Y., Hoff D., Kowarschik R., Matusevich Yu. I, Butovskaya G.V., Murashko E.A. Modified polymethylmethacrylate as a base for optical recording media // Optics express. 2007. Vol.15, №14. P.8543 –8549.
- TolstikE.,KashinO.,MatusevichA.,MatusevichV.,KowarschikR., MatusevichYu.I.,KrulL.P. Non-local response in glass-like polymer storage materials based on poly (methylmethacrylate) with distributed phenanthrenequinone//Optics Express. 2008, Vol. 16, №15. P.11253–11258.
- MatusevichV.,MatusevichA.,KowarschikR., MatusevichYu.I.,KrulL.P. Holographic volume absorption gratings in glass-like polymer recording materials //Optics Express. 2008. Vol.16, №3. P.1552–1558.
- TolstikE., Winkler A.,MatusevichV.,KowarschikR., Marmysh D., MatusevichYu.I.,KrulL.P. PMMA-PQ photopolymers for head-up displays//IEEE Phot.Tech.Lett. 2009. Vol.21, №12. P.784–785. Y.I.
- Tolstik E., Egorova E., Hoff D., Matusevich V, Yakimtsova L.B., Matusevich Y. I., Matusevich А., Kowarschik R., Krul L. P. New thermostable copolymers for holographic storage based on methylmethacrylate with methacrylamide or methacrylic acid // J. Polym. Res. 2012. Vol.19, №2. P.9742–9751.
- Ghazinezhad M., Hryniuk Ya. V., Krul L.P. Preparation of hydrogels via cross-linking of partially hydrolyzed polyacrylamides with potassium persulfate // Der Chemica Sinica. 2014. Vol.5, № 5. P.19–26.
- Plevako F.V., Gorbatov S.V., Davidovich P.A., Prikhod′ko, Shushkov S.V., Krul L.P., Butovskaya G.V., Shakhno O.V., Gusakova S.V., Korolik O.V., Mazanik A.V. Deposition of functional coatings from an acetylene-containing plasma at atmospheric pressure // J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys. 2016. Vol. 89, №: 2. P.471 –477.
- Shakhno, A.V., Gospodarev, D.A., Butovskaya, G.V., Krul, L.P. Gelation in aqueous solutions of carboxylated polyacrylamide in the presence of chromium(III) acetate, studied by oscillation rheometry // Rus. J. Appl. Chem. 2016. Vol. 89, № 2. – P.243 –248.