Leading researcher of the laboratory of structural and chemical modification of polymers, Research Institute for Physical Chemical Problems of the Belarusian State University
Ph.D (Chemistry), Assistant Professor
h-index (Scopus) –3,
h-index (Web of Science) – 2,
h-index (Google science)– 4, https://scholar.google.ru/citations?user=b5zpfggAAAAJ&hl=ru
Butovskaya Galina graduated from the Chemical Faculty of the Belarusian State University in 1971. In 1982 she defended his Ph.D. thesis in the specialty of “Physical Chemistry”. For 1984–1987 she graduated from different courses of Foreign Languages (spoken language & translation). In 1997 ButovskayaG. graduated from Minsk University of Foreign Languages (German), in 1996 graduated from courses on Market Economy at KOICA (Republic of Korea, Seoul), 1998 – internshipat the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (Tokyo).
She speaks Russian, Belarusian, English, German, French, and Polish.
1971–1994 – probationer-researcher, post-graduate student, junior, senior, leading researcher at the laboratory of oxidation processes of the Institute of Physical Organic Chemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
1987–1988 – researcher at the International laboratory of the Central Institute of Chemistry of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Budapest)
1994–1995 – chief specialist at the State Committee on Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus.
1995–2004 – second, first secretary, adviser, head of the Department of International S&T Cooperation, head of the Department of Humanitarian Cooperation and Human Rights of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus.
2000–2003 – counsellor of the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus to Poland (Warsaw).
2005–present – leading researcher at the Laboratory of Structural and Chemical Modification of Polymers at the Research Institute of Physical and Chemical Problems of the Belarusian State University.
Activity in the field of International Science and Technology cooperation:
1995–1998 – focal point for Belarus of the EU S&T program “Inco-COPERNICUS”.
1997–1999 – member of the Coordination Committee of International S&T Center (Moscow).
1998–2005 – bureau member, Deputy Chairman of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development (Geneva, Switzerland).
Current research activity, main achievements:
Study of biodegradable polymeric materials, polylactides, in particular, as well as the structure and properties of cross-linked polymeric materials, stabilized polymers, water-soluble polymers, super-swelling polyelectrolyte hydrogels, metal-polymer complexes.
The reasonability of using polyl-L-lactide in the antibacterial coatings of titanium implants has been proved, and conditions for their sterilization are recommended.
Butovskaya G. have prepared one candidate of chemical sciences (as a co-superviser with her teacher, academician V.E. Agabekov).
Two honorary diploma of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus.
List of the selected publications:
- Krul .LP., Matusevich V.Y., Hoff D., Kowarschik R., Matusevich Yu. I, Butovskaya G.V., Murashko E.A. Modified polymethylmethacrylate as a base for optical recording media// Optics express. 2007. Vol.15, №14. P. 8543 –8549.
- Krul L.P. Butovskaya G.V. Grinyuk E.V. Kostyuk N.N. Shakhno A Metal polymer complexes based on functionalized polyacrylamide // Advances in plastics technology – APT ’13. Editor: A. Pająk. Institute for Engineering of Polymer Materials and Dyes, Gliwice, Poland. 2013. P. 79–88.
- Plevako F.V., Gorbatov S.V., Davidovich P.A., Prikhod′ko, Shushkov S. V., Krul L. P., Butovskaya G. V., Shakhno O. V., Gusakova S. V., Korolik O.V., Mazanik A.V. Deposition of functional coatings from an acetylene-containing plasma at atmospheric pressure // J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys. 2016. Vol.89, № 2. P.471 –477.
- Rogachev A.A., Yarmolenko M.A. , Tapalski D.V., Krul L.P., Butovskaya G.V. Structure and properties of biocompatible antimicrobial polymers-based coatings deposited from the active gas phase // The 14th International Conference on Global Research and Education (Inter-Academia 2015) September 28-30, 2015 Hamamatsu, Japan. P. 52-53.
- Shakhno A.V., Gospodarev D.A., Butovskaya G.V., Krul L.P. Gelation in aqueous solutions of carboxylated polyacrylamide in the presence of chromium(III) acetate, studied by oscillation rheometry// Rus. J. Appl. Chem. 2016. Vol. 89, № 2. P. 243 –248.